Factory assembled/configured orders canceled prior to shipment will incur a 15% cancellation fee. For canceled software orders, the business partner must allow Avaya access to the software to make the requested changes associated with the cancellation. The implementation team is responsible for any feature interaction effects associated with requested cancellations—including the reduction or deactivation of features—and the business partner must certify modifications to Avaya upon request.
Submit cancellation form to email@example.com for two types of cancellations:
For the DOA return policy on other products, click Information for all products except Avaya.
Avaya defines dead/defective on arrival (DOA) equipment as any new Avaya product that was discovered to be defective at the time of installation. DOA equipment will be handled as follows:
- For product shipped from distribution stock, ScanSource will ship a like-for-like replacement. An RMA for the DOA equipment will be issued at the time of replacement and must be returned to ScanSource within 30 days or credit will not be issued.
- For product shipped directly from Avaya, a claim will be filed with Avaya for replacement product in all instances except Avaya data networking product. Data equipment will be fulfilled directly from distribution stock and handled as referenced above. If incorrect equipment is sent back to Avaya by the business partner, the product will be returned to the sender at the sender's expense. ScanSource will invoice the business partner for any charges incurred as a result of the business partner shipping incorrect equipment or failing to ship equipment back to Avaya on a DOA claim.
To better align with Avaya’s product return policy, ScanSource will now require a specific and valid reason for return of ALL Avaya items that are reported to be defective or DOA in addition to order information and serial number(s) of the affected unit(s). The generic return reason of “DOA” will no longer be acceptable. A list of common DOA reasons is provided below for your reference. Troubleshooting with ScanSource technical support is not required, but strongly encouraged. We will no longer require submission of a separate DOA form when product is returned.
New Avaya defective/DOA return reasons: Unit will not power up/cannot be turned on; start-up, boot-up, or initialization failure; port failures (please identify specific ports); button or dial pad failure (please specify); display defective; no audio, voice, or tone; poor quality audio, voice, or tone (noise, static, other); system error or failure (please provide description and failure log if available); mechanical failure (such as stand or other mechanical or plastic component); defective fan assembly; incorrect firmware or software version (please specify); other (please include description of the failure).
For business partners on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by ScanSource. Replacement product will be sent in advance, freight-free via UPS Ground. For business partners on C.O.D. or credit-card terms, replacement product will be sent upon receipt of product by ScanSource. If desired, we will send replacement product according to your normal C.O.D./credit-card terms, and you can request a refund/credit to your card from the Reseller Financial Services department when the returned product is received by ScanSource.
For the Non-DOA Return Policy on other products, click Information for all Products except Avaya.
Complete our Online RMA Request Form and submit it directly to our customer service staff.
- No open-box returns for non-DOA products. Product box must be clean and undamaged, with no usage marks of any kind. If product was shipped to you double-boxed, it must be returned double-boxed.
- Original manufacturer’s packaging, both inside and outside must be unused. Returns must be complete with all manuals, cables, warranty cards, static bags, etc. just as the business partner received them. A re-box fee may be charged if the box is not returned in sellable condition. Business partners have 15 days from the date of invoice to request a non-DOA return. The RMA # is valid for 30 days from issue date.
- There will be a restocking fee of 5% or $50, whichever is greater, on returns resulting from business partner error. Configured products cannot be returned to Avaya; therefore ScanSource cannot accept configured product returns.
- Any PC integrated in the ScanSource Custom Configuration Center is not returnable. Individual components are covered by the manufacturer’s warranty (see Manufacturers’ Warranties & DOA Information). Concealed shortages must be reported within 30 days of invoice from distributor. After 30 days, product cannot be replaced or returned.
- For business partners on credit terms, credit will be applied to your account when the product is received by ScanSource. For business partners on C.O.D. or credit-card terms, replacement product will be sent upon the receipt of product by ScanSource. If desired, we will send replacement product according to your normal C.O.D./credit-card terms, and you can request a refund/credit to your card from the Reseller Financial Services department when the returned product is received by ScanSource.
- Business partner is responsible for freight costs when returning products. Product will be returned to the business partner, should it be found in other than sellable condition.
- Product that is discontinued/obsolete from the supplier does not qualify for a return.